San Francisco Police Department
- Harassing Phone Calls: When you are experiencing annoying calls – with no known suspects; for example, hang-ups or heavy breathing.
- Lost Property: When property has disappeared and not stolen. If you think it could have been taken but you have no idea by who, you may enter the report online.
- Theft: When property is stolen but there has been no illegal entry or contact by the thief.
- Vandalism/Graffiti: The act of changing, modifying or defacing public or private property, including graffiti.
- Vehicle Burglary: When property was stolen from a vehicle.
- Vehicle Tampering: Tampering with a motor vehicle, including vandalism/graffiti of the vehicle.
Reporting Crimes Outside of City and County of San Francisco’s Jurisdiction
The San Francisco Police Department does NOT handle crimes that occurred in property that is outside of the City and County of San Francisco’s jurisdiction and those should be reported directly to the appropriate agency as listed below. If the crime is posing an immediate threat to you or others, call 911 immediately.
- BART Property (stations and plazas) – Call BART police at 877-679-7000 or http://www.bart.gov/about/police/contact
- City College – Call City College Police at 415-239-3200 or http://www.ccsf.edu/Departments/Public_Safety?contact_us.html
- On the Freeway – Call California Highway Patrol (CHP) at 1-800-835-5247 or http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/contact.html
- Golden Gate Bridge (including Visitor’s Center) – Call CHP at 1-800-835-5247 or http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/contact.html
- Presidio – Call US Park Police at 415-561-5505 or http://www.nps.gov/uspp/
- San Francisco State University – Call SFSU Police at 415-338-7200 or http://www.sfsu.edu/~upd/
- UCSF Campuses – Call UCSF Police at 415-476-5455 or http://police.ucsf.edu/report-crime
- USF Campus – Call USF Dept of Public Safety at 415-422-4222 or http://www.usfca.edu/public_safety/
*Scroll to bottom of above website link