· Issuing a Wireless Emergency Alert (WEA) throughout San Francisco (WEA is the same system the California Highway Patrol uses to issue Amber Alerts)
· Additional cooling center locations (no change since last correspondence): http://ow.ly/ZuT230fq2WO
o Closest to District 11:
o Omi Wellness Center 1071 Ocean Avenue
o City College Mission Campus, 1125 Valencia
o Coffman Pool 1700 Visitacion Ave (free)
· Glen Park Library 2825 Diamond
· Please note, the libraries recommended as cooling stations are those with air conditioning
· Indoor Malls are great options as well. Stonestown.
· Cooling Center Transportation Options:
§ San Franciscans are encouraged to use public transportation to access a cooling center. All Muni vehicles are capable of transporting people with disabilities. If bus or light rail is not an option here are other resources which may be useful:
o SF Paratransit
§ SF Access: For certified paratransit customers who would like to take SF Access service to or from a cooling center, please make every effort to request your SF Access ride by 6pm the night before your trip. While SF Access does not typically accommodate same day trip requests, they will do so in the event that a paratransit customer needs to travel to or from a cooling center due to unforeseen circumstances. Customers requesting same day trips may not always get the pickup and drop-off times that they prefer, so it is better to plan and schedule these trips the day before if possible.
§ SF Access Reservations: (415) 285-6945 (if you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 9-1-1 immediately)
§ Paratransit Taxi: Paratransit customers who have a paratransit taxi debit card may prefer to use paratransit taxi service instead of SF Access if they want more flexibility in their travel schedules.
§ The general public can use taxis to access cooling centers, and can reserve a trip by calling taxi companies directly or using the Flywheel mobile app (the Flywheel mobile app can be used to e-hail vehicles operated by all of the SF taxi companies). The following taxi companies have wheelchair accessible vehicles:
· Luxor: (415) 282-4141
· National/Veterans/Alliance: (415) 648-4444
o Project Open Hand
§ Project Open Hand will provide transportation to clients who need a ride to and from cooling centers.
§ The Homeless Outreach Team will transport clients who need help getting to cooling centers.